Saturday, December 02, 2006

Pictures to share

What a tiring week I have had. This week was my turn to co-lead our offices three day drug and alcohol education class. Many of the students are in trouble because of their use and it makes for three long intense days. I usually come home for a nappy afterwards. I did manage to get some stitching done though:). Early in the week I finished up my two ornament exchanges. I am quite pleased with how they both ended up.

On Wednesday night, I pulled out my supplies for Bordeaux Sampler. Earlier in the year, Carol turned me on to this pattern I believe was an exclusive at the Vikki Clayton silk website. I purchased the pattern, silk and fabbie a long time ago, but waited until I finished Woodland Fairy to start it. I will be stitching this along with Carol and Anne, but they are a good bit ahead of me. It uses Taro Leaf, Malt and Diane's Roughe VC silks and I am stitching it on 40 Count Vintage Magnolia linen from Lakeside Linen. I really love this color and am now glad that I accidentally ended up with two pieces of it. I am excited to find something pretty to use the other piece for. Maybe my Carriage House Samplings Alphabet. This is my first time stitching on 40 count. It actually isn't too bad...but I haven't hit the over one pieces yet:). Here is the minimal progress my sleepy self made on Wednesday. I am not sure why the pic is so blurry. It doesn't look that way on the camera.















And I also had some great stitching mail this week. In the pic below is an adorable ornie from Cathy(left) and a lovely pinkeep from Renee (right). Both are just stunning and were accompanied by some wonderful extras. Cathy included LHN's House of a Needleworker chart and Renee gifted me with a piece of her own handdyed fabbie. Thanks ladies...you are both so generous and helped me kick the holiday season off to a great start!

8 comments:

Cathy B said...

Glad you liked it Leslie. As I said in my note to you - I loved stitching the candy cane tail!

Beautiful pinkeep from Renee too!

Cathy B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne S said...

Woohoo, great to have you on board stitching Bordeaux with us :) My stitching is a bit slow on this one at the moment, so you've still got chance to catch up :D It's actually a reasonably quick stitch when you get into a rhythm :)

Anne S said...

Oops, I also meant to mention how lovely your ornies are - great job by both Cathy and Renee :D

Carol said...

Wow, off to a great start with Bordeaux already - fantastic!! I adore the ornament and pinkeep! Very nice gifties you got there!

Like Anne, I am slow on Bordeaux right now too - this month is pretty much dedicated to M9's finish... so you should get some good chance here to catch up a bit!

Unknown said...

What cute little gifts you got!

Sari (saristitching) said...

Your Woodland Fairy is gorgeous! Congratulations! Gifts are nice too!

Karin said...

Those are great ornaments! I love stitching mail.