Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Busy stitcher

I have been a busy stitcher the last few days. Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time with M9 and my Santa. Here is an up close of the center of M9. It is just about finished. All I need to add is some petite perle which I absolutely hate (hence it is not done yet):) I really do not like how the perle distorts the fabric. I really like how Martina did the center of this one and hope to have part nine done this coming weekend.















Monday and today, I worked very hard on Bordeaux Sampler. Unfortunatly I noticed a pretty glaring mistake from last weeks progress. If it hadn't been for the frogs, I would be done with the first of 14 pages. I really enjoy stitching the Rhodes stitch grape clusters and love the colors in the sampler. I worked this evening by rotating through the three colors. That way I didn't get bored of any one color or stitch type. In this section, the green is mostly back stitch, the red Rhodes stitch and the tan cross stitch. It worked out well and I made good progress. Now it is back in the bin until next Monday. Tomorrow and Thursday will focus on my Santa at the Seashore in the hopes of getting it close to half done. Yay for stitching progress:)

10 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Leslie! Your center looks great!!! I hate using the silken perle too! Yucky!! Your Bordeaux looks great - so sorry about the frogs!! I need to get my butt in gear in 2007 on this sampler - so glad to have you and Anne to keep me motivated - I am really looking forward to that!

Shelleen said...

everything looks great. keep up the progresses.

catandturtle said...

Fantastic! M9 looks so awesome.

Karoline said...

They're both looking lovely Leslie, great progress

Anonymous said...

Wow, great progress on the Bordeaux Sampler! I'm impressed. :) And your sundial for Mystery IX turned out perfectly. Glad to see that you are having fun and making such wonderful headway on your projects!

Cathy B said...

I'm glad that you are getting lots of stitching time in. Good for you!

Anne S said...

You're motoring along on Bordeaux ... you'll be all caught up in no time! :D

Wendy said...

M-9 looks fantastic - great work on this one. I love the close-up picture to see the detailing and the gorgeous colours.

Dawn T. said...

They all look wonderful! Great work.

Lana said...

Your WIP's are looking great!
~Lana~