Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Allen and I made it home safely after a few days with my family for the holiday. I still find it quite funny that after two years of marriage and an additional two years of living together, this is the first year that Allen has had a Thanksgiving dinner with my family(plenty of Christmases, but no Turkey Days). It was a very nice holiday as we got to visit my cousin's new home and just about the entire family was present. Allen and I had a wonderful time playing with my sister's dog, Hudson before dinner and with my cousin's daughters at dinner.

Today, we got up at the crack of dawn to see if by some freak of nature, any electronics store had gotten a new shipment of Wiis. No luck for Allen:( Then it was back to mom's for breakfast and a nap. As today was my dad's birthday, Allen and I took my parents to dinner and then to a Washington Capitals hockey game. Unfortunately, the Caps were sucking big time this evening. We left after the second period and it was 6-1 in favor of Toronto. I am pretty sure that the little five year olds that had an exhibition at intermission were playing better:) Other than the poopy hockey play, it was a lovely evening and I hope dad had a wonderful birthday.

Now for a few things I am thankful for:
-Not having to spend Thanksgiving in a hospital this year
-Being married to my best friend and knowing that despite being a complainy pants:) he is healthy and happy
-Having the best family in the universe and wonderful in-laws to boot
-Cooper, Zoe, Ralph, Daisy and Hudson (all our family pets)...thanks Zoe for telling me you missed us by pooping one inch OUTSIDE the litter box today.
-A job that I really like
-Generous friends
and last but not least....cross stitch stash:)

5 comments:

Carol said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving - despite lack of Wiis at any stores and the Caps playing poorly.... also glad Allen had his first Thanksgiving with your family.

Christine S said...

Yeowch, I saw the Toronto-Washington score and Toronto really took it to them tonight! It's always a bummer when the team you're cheering for loses. (Fortunately my Oilers thrashed the Blackhawsk tonight, 5-1)

Glad to hear you've had a good holiday!

Anonymous said...

And a lovely time was had by all, especially Zoe in her revenge. ;) You have a lot to be thankful for and it feels good to recognize all of it, doesn't it? As for Allen's Wii, a friend of mine at work was just talking about some sort of Wii tracker that is keeping tabs on the shipments to each store, etc. That's how he's hoping to get his hands on one. Let me know if you want me to get the link for Allen.

Cathy B said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday with your family!

Katrina said...

Sounds like you've had a great few days Leslie, just lovely :)