Monday, December 18, 2006

Leslie can you here me....

Nope, I cannot! I have one heck of a head cold and my ears are stuffed up beyond belief. I feel super stinky. When I was still awake and increadibly uncomfortable at 5am this morning, I decided that despite having tons to do before the holiday at work, there was no way I could drag myself in. I probably would have gotten some hateful stares as I sneezed and coughed all over everything, too:) Oh well, I will just have to work extra hard on paperwork between my groups tomorrow.

On the stitching front, colds have one benefit many other illnesses, I was not to tired to do some stitching. I worked very hard on my santa and finished him up on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully Allen will help me frame him one night this week and he is on his way to his destination at the end of the week. I need Allen's help and I am centering challenged. Here is my finished Santa.














Santa at the Seashore
By: By the Bay Needlearts
Stitched on: 32 ct. grey Jobelan
Started: October 29, 2006
Finished: December 16, 2006

On Sunday I worked a lot on M9. I am still not quite done with part 9, but I really got my motivation for this piece back on track for this piece by doing some work on parts 10 and 11. Now that all the parts and the "mystery" is out of the bag, I think I will do a lot of skipping around on this piece based on what is calling me.

With some traveling coming up for the holidays, I plan on throwing away my rotation from now until the first of the year. For the remainder of this week, I will be focusing on a last minute Christmas gift and Mystery 9. Allen and I will be visiting his family Saturday through Tuesday, so I will be bringing along a small project. I will probably pack Christmas Elf Fairy and an ornament. Upon returning Tuesday night, I will pull out Bordeaux Mystery and work on that until M9 comes back around in my rotation again on Friday.

On that note, I am off to find more OJ and good sick person tv:)

10 comments:

vee said...

What lovely pictures! You have done some very beautiful pieces.

Anonymous said...

Poor gal! I hope that you are feeling better soon. 'Tis the season to be sneezing. :)

Carol said...

Oh no! I hope you shake that cold and feel better soon! Especially before the holidays! Meanwhile, your Santa is fantastic - with or without a sheep!

Shelleen said...

Get better soon. I have the same thing that you do and have no energy but to stitch and watch TV. I still need to decorate and sew christmas gifts together.

Karoline said...

I hope you're feeling better is soon. Your Santa is really cute :)

Jamie said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Found your blog while browsing a friend's. There is definitely something going around.

cathymk said...

How are you enjoying the Micheal Jecks book - I've read alot of that series and really enjoyed them. I'm sorry you are not feeling well - feeling sick is the pits.

Your santa is sooo cute - what a splendid finish!

Faith Ann said...

What a horrible time to have a cold... I hope you're feeling better soon!

Santa by the Seashore is soooo cute!

Karin said...

Colds are nasty - hope you get over yours soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress and wishing you good recovery. Ann.