Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday over

Well, Allen and I made it back safely from Southern VA. We had a great time visiting all of his family, but it sure is nice to be home. After stuffing ourselves with food over the weekend, it is time to get some good dieting and exercising going.

I did get some great stitching done over the weekend. First I worked on Christmas Elf Fairy. I got all of her dress done and made a good start on her wing. Boy is it taking forever to fill in all that wing. Eventually I got tired of working with tons of Crescent Colors Cloud, so I moved on to my LTD 17th century German Garden.














On the LTD garden, I made a good start on the flower beds around the center knot. I took the LTD class at CATS earlier this year and made a brief start on it there. I really like this piece. I think for January, my goal will be to make a quick finish on my Christmas Fairy and then work on this garden Wednesdays and Thursdays. In February, one of those nights will be given up to work on Barnabee's Quest along with many other stitching bloggers.














Today I am kind of torn. Before leaving on our trip, I stated that I would work on my Bordeaux mystery for the remainder of this week before getting back into my rotation Friday night. While I love that piece, my elf and garden are both calling to me a lot. Must not give in and stick to my commitments.

In other stitching news, a LNS in Vienna, VA is offering a class on color in cross stitch this coming Saturday. Its focus is on what to do with those designs where you love the overall pattern, but dislike some of the color choices. I have several bigger pieces that I absolutely love, but I would rather stitch them in colors other than browns or yellows. For the class, I need to pick a pattern or two that I would like to swap out some colors. I will have to browse through my patterns over the next few days. While I am there I will probably pick out a fabric for my Barnabee's Quest Sal if nothing jumps out of my fabric bins at me soon.

6 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely progress on both of your pieces. I must stitch my fairy!

That colour class sounds fascinating!

Nicki said...

Your pieces look lovely - especially your fairy :)

Carol said...

Hi Leslie - glad you had a good holiday! Thanks for your well wishes for Angus - he has surgery tomorrow. Your WIPS are beautiful :-)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, love the garden! It's so colorful and beautiful. I'm sure the wing on Christmas Elf Fairy seems quite monotonous after a while, so it's a good idea to break it up.

So, did my mistake with names suck you into the Barnabee's Quest SAL? ;) I can't wait to get started on this one. We're going to have so much fun!

catandturtle said...

Having specific stitching nights is hard. My feeling is stitch what you feel like stitching. :) Christmas Fairy looks awesome! I need to get that one. I did buy the Valentine one but am not sure I love it. I suppose I should start stitching it and then I probably won't be able to put it down. Ann.

Barb said...

The Elf Fairy is looking great. Your other piece is nice too. Great job on both.