Monday, November 27, 2006

Giant Happy Dance

Yay, I finally finished Woodland Fairy:) Here she is in all her glory!














Started: August 2005
Finished:November 27, 2006
Stitched on 28 count Wichelt Natural Linen

As I was getting near to the end I really began to dislike the fabric I had chosen for this pattern. It is very stiff and it was hard to keep good tension on. After stitching on some other fabrics, I don't think I will ever stitch on something like this again. I also realized how much I prefer 32 over 28 count. But now she is done and I can get her framed. Maybe in time for the holidays.

For the rest of this evening I will be working on an ornie exchange and then tomorrow I will be starting on Bordeaux Mystery. I am a little behind Carol and Anne, but I will be joining in their SAL on this one. Hopefully I can catch up:)

For December, my rotation will be...
Monday/Tuesday-Bordeaux
Wednesday/ Thursday-Holiday Stitching
Weekends-M9 and other

22 comments:

claudia said...

Woodland Fairy turned out just beautiful!

Christine S said...

Congratulations Leslie!! She's beautiful!!

Trixie said...

She's lovely Leslie!

Carol said...

Oh Leslie, great job! You must feel so relieved and happy :-) I can't wait for you to start Bordeaux Sampler with Anne and I now!

cathymk said...

Hooray!! Good on you Leslie - she looks marvelous!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ann.

Schokti said...

Congratulations, Leslie! She looks incredible!

Kiwi Jo said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Shelleen said...

She came out beautiful and I bet you are glad that she is done :-)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That certainly is one big happy dance. She looks wonderful! Now you have to save up and get her framed to showcase your beautiful stitching. :) Congratulations!

Andrea said...

Congratulations Leslie, she looks gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing her framed.

Carla said...

Congratulations on your recent finish :)
She's beautiful

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Leslie, she's beautiful!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Leslie, she's gorgeous

Nicki said...

Congratulations!!! She looks great :)

And I know how you feel about the fabric - I had the same issue with Petal Fairy :)

Singular Stitches said...

Congrats on a fantastic finish!!!!

Dawn T. said...

She is gorgeous! Great job!!

Sharon said...

congratulations-she's beautiful!

Margaret said...

She is glorious looking!! You did an amazing job stitching this beautiful fairy.
Margaret

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful! Congrats on your HD!

Andie said...

Leslie :)

***Congratulations***

She is beautiful!

Anne S said...

Oh darnit, I just realised somehow I'd missed your WF finish - she looks awesome!! I'm doing a very belated happy dance for you :D