Sunday, April 16, 2006

Well, my mini-Spring break is offically over this evening. Over all it was very nice:) (Please excuse the ramblings)

Thursday was doctor's appointments and paint estimates. Allen and I finally decided to go ahead and have someone come paint our master bedroom. We picked a painter and are tentatively scheduled for the first week in May. The company we contracted with has a few outdoor jobs so weather over the next few weeks might push us back a few weeks. I am looking forward to having that done.

Friday-Picked up a ton of paint chips from Sherwin Williams. I need to tape them up so that as Allen and I wander through over the next I got so frustrated as I seem to be in between sizes. A 12 is a bit to big in the waist, but 10s are a bit too small in the bum and thighs. AHHHHHH what a pain. I also bought a really pretty dress from Anne Taylors for Becca's rehersal dinner. After shopping, I grabbed Allen and headed downtown to see Billy Joel. As always, he put on a great show. We had a ton of fun and got to be really late....

Which sucked because I couldn't sleep in on Saturday. I drove a little too fast out to Annapolis to meet with the Mary Kay lady who is doing the make up for Becca's wedding. We decided on make up stuff for the wedding (I am not a big fan of make up) and then I dropped off the wedding dress at my sister's house down the street. Then back toward town to visit Jo to hang out and stitch. Jo and Pete are great people and I enjoyed spending the afternoon with them and their sweet pets. I am looking forward to getting together again soon:)

While I was out trapsing around Maryland, Allen's mom made a very brief visit to the house to drop off some furnature for us. We are now the proud owners of a dining room set, chair, huge desk and a table for our entry way. Thank you!!!! This morning I put all of the good crystal that I got from my mom into the china hutch. Now I have a little more cabinet space in the kitchen for more day to day stuff and snack food.

Other than that, all I did today was stitch and move the kitty's litter box. Allen and I may have a new roomie moving in for a while until he finds a new place in the area. This meant I had to do a bit of rearranging upstairs. Prior to today, our master bedroom was in disrepair (still is), Allen and I had a bedroom and I hada small craftroom/guestroom. We also have a fourth bedroom, which apparently the previous owner did not take great care of. Unfortunately most of the ick was under the bed so we did not notice it until we moved in. Since there were more pressing projects in the house, this room is generally unused except by Cooper and Zoe. It is pretty much a giant kitty lounge. Well, with someone moving in, they are going to get this bigger bedroom and hopefully Copper and Zoe will figure out where their potty is.

On the stitching front, I got a bunch done on Celtic Winter and now she has a face:) I may even finish her by the end of the month or not too far into MAy. Wouldn't that be cool!!! Here is a close up of what I worked on this weekend.

6 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Hello Leslie, Celtic Winter is really coming along well! You'll have her finished in no time :)

Running Kiwi said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Celtic Winter is coming along ... won't be long now :)

Faith Ann said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!! Congrats on the new furniture and getting so much done :)

Celtic Winter is also looking great!

Cathy B said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished this weekend. How lucky for you to be able to spend an afternoon stitching with Jo!

Lisa said...

So tell us...how did their house look? just kidding, just kidding. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and a great stitching weekend. I love Celtic Winter. I know that I am going to be forced to buy her and stitch her. Katrina has hers finished and frame. It's so beautiful. Ohhh and thanks for the pic of the 8-sided cushion in progress. I have wondered about making on of those but couldn't quite get the concept right in my head. Now it makes sense. Thank you! It's lovely, too.

Lelia said...

Celtic Winter looking much better with a head & face LOL!!

Enjoy the day